Dear CMS Students and Families,
We’re all thrilled at the resumption, since Sept, of in-person musical instruction at CMS! And, thanks to you, our faculty, and staff, everything has gone very well!
We continue to coordinate our safe operations with the Essex Health Department. As COVID-19 cases spike in our area, I write to re-confirm and re-commit our protocols, to help keep everyone safe.
If you can answer “yes” to ANY of these questions, please do not enter CMS or the Centerbrook Meetinghouse. Instead, please call CMS to cancel (or reschedule to ZOOM) any scheduled in-person lessons.
1. Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?
2. Within the past 14 days, have you had contact with anyone that you know had COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms? Contact is being 6 feet (2 meters) or closer for more than 15 minutes with a person, or having direct contact with fluids from a person with COVID-19 (for example, being coughed or sneezed on).
3. Have you had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 14 days?
4. Do you have any of these symptoms that are not caused by another condition?
· Fever or chills
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Muscle or body aches
· Recent loss of taste or smell
· Sore throat
· Nausea or vomiting
Otherwise, our safety protocols remain as follows:
1. Masks must be worn at all times while in CMS facilities.
2. Minimum six feet distancing rule applies at all times.
3. Limit number of people in the building: The CMS waiting room is closed. Family and friends should wait outside or in the car. Only students who are specifically attending a lesson should enter the building (with some limited exceptions, such as one parent accompanying a young student).
4. Student arrival: Arrive no more than 3 minutes before lesson start time, and wait for your teacher at the building entrance (to take temperature, etc.)
5. Snacking or eating should not occur in CMS facilities.
6. Hygiene: students should wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival in the building (Hand sanitizer is available throughout the school).
Thank you so much for your valued participation in our musical community, and ongoing adherence to these protocols!