COVID-19 SAFETY AT CMS
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, the Community Music School has continued to monitor and follow all CDC, state, and local safety guidelines, as well as published aerosol studies, for safe music making. Accordingly, the school has invested in new Heating/Cooling systems throughout the school (with increased air filtration capabilities), and also installed stand-alone HEPA air purification systems in most studios. Piano lessons occur in studios outfitted with two pianos, to limit sharing of instruments. Voice and wind instrument lessons occur in larger studios to facilitate increased social distancing. Additionally, all who enter CMS facilities for in-person lessons, activities, or other purposes agree to follow the following requirements:
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times while in CMS facilities (regardless of vaccination status). Vaccinated voice and wind students, if both teacher and student agree, may remove masks during the lesson.
- Quarantine: No person will enter CMS facilities if, within the past 14 days, a public health or medical professional has told them to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection.
- Contact: Unvaccinated individuals will not enter CMS facilities if, within the past 14 days, they’ve had contact with anyone who has had COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms. Contact is being 6 feet (2 meters) or closer for more than 15 minutes with a person, or having direct contact with fluids from a person with COVID-19 (for example, being coughed or sneezed on).
- Positive Test: No person will enter CMS facilities if they’ve had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 14 days.
- Health Screening: Students and/or parents should conduct self-screening (take temperature, review symptoms) prior to arriving at CMS, and should call CMS to cancel (or reschedule to Zoom) an in-person lesson if they are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19.
These policies were last updated in December 2021 and remain valid through the 2021-2022 academic year.