COVID-19 SAFETY AT CMS
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, the Community Music School has continued to monitor and follow all CDC, state, and local safety guidelines, as well as published aerosol studies, for safe music making. Accordingly, the school has invested in new Heating/Cooling systems throughout the school (with increased air filtration capabilities), and also installed stand-alone HEPA air purification systems in most studios. Piano lessons occur in studios outfitted with two pianos, to limit sharing of instruments. Voice and wind instrument lessons occur in larger studios to facilitate increased social distancing. Additionally, all who enter CMS facilities for in-person lessons, activities, or other purposes agree to follow the following requirements:
- Masks: Masks are recommended, but not required, while in the CMS building. Individual teachers have the option to require masks for their particular studio/lessons.
- Quarantine: No person will enter CMS facilities if a public health official, medical professional, or current CDC guidelines has told them to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection.
- Contact: Unvaccinated individuals will not enter CMS facilities if, within the past 10 days, they’ve had contact with anyone who has had COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms.
- Positive Test: No person will enter CMS facilities if they’ve had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities, and/or current CDC guidelines.
- Health Screening: Students and/or parents should conduct self-screening (take temperature, review symptoms) prior to arriving at CMS, and should call CMS to cancel (or reschedule to Zoom) an in-person lesson if they are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19.
These policies were last updated March 1, 2022 and remain valid through the 2021-2022 academic year.